Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Mardi Gras - Galveston!

Warning – no poker content. I am still recovering from the big party this weekend. I had some relatives come down to party and we sure did lots of that. Both of my brother in laws are really into Mardi Gras and we never miss going to the Strand for the Big Event. In Galveston, that happens to be Friday and Saturday night of the second weekend. I know Fat Tuesday is the “Biggie” over in New Orleans but (unlike New Orleans) since no businesses close or let their employees off for Fat Tuesday, it just isn’t the same over here in G-Town. Everyone “throws down” on Friday and/or Saturday. The Strand is packed with revelers and the party is in full swing. Usually, we are down on the street among the “hoi polloi” wading through the throngs of unwashed masses. This year, we were up on a balcony overlooking the Strand. This really helps to position one for easy negotiations with the many lovely ladies that want you to throw beads to them. Needless to say, we threw plenty of beads and saw plenty of bouncing flesh. I have been to the Mardi Gras in New Orleans and I have to admit, we do not “outdo” them or even come close. However, we do throw a really big party here in Galveston. If you are interested in checking us out, let me know. We locals know how to do it right.

No comments: