Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Who Dat Talkin Bout Partying in New Orleans?

We Americans are a peculiar people. We are for the underdog, no matter how much of a dog he is. – Happy Chandler

Once again, I will be pulling for the underdog in the Super Bowl. The Saints have (IMO) paid their dues. That doesn’t entitle them to a win but it is enough to net my support for the game. Down here, we have called them the “Ain'ts” for a long time since they “ain’t” really ever gone very far in the NFL Playoffs and, the prevailing opinion was, they “ain’t” likely to next year either. However, the synergy between the coach, the quarterback, and the rest of the Saints has impressed me this season. They will have to play very well to best the Colts and Manning but it is possible. Believe me, Mardi Gras kicks off this weekend and anything is possible.
Go Saints!

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

I like Indy, but it's hard not to root for the Saints! I hope it's a close game, no matter who wins.